The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information. The use of internet pages is possible without any indication of personal data, however, if a user wants to use special enterprise services via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary.
By means of this data protection declaration, our enterprise would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use, and process.
However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, every user is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means.
We believe privacy policies should be transparent, and accessible, and help you find the information you need. Because EmployeePast has different types of users, the information we collect, and how we use it will depend on how you interact with us. For ease of use, our Policy divides answers to questions based on the type of user. See the definitions below to determine which type of user you are:
• Consumers: Consumers are individuals EmployeePast has received information about for the purpose of EmployeePast performing requested Services. This information may come directly from the Consumer or indirectly through one of our partners or affiliates.
• Customers: Customers are organizations or individuals that utilize the EmployeePast Site or Services in the course of their business.
• Site Visitors: Individuals accessing our Website are our Site Visitors. Site Visitors can be individuals who are simply browsing the Website; or Consumers or Customers who visit the Website to seek additional information about EmployeePast.
2. What information does EmployeePast collect through the Services?
Consumer Information: Certain information collected by EmployeePast relates directly to the Consumer. This includes both personal information necessary to perform the Services as well as for analytics from using the Site or Services as described below:
Personal information: Certain Services require the collection of Consumers’ personal information (i.e. to perform a requested background check or perform evaluative services on behalf of Customers). This information may include:
• Identifying information, including name, date of birth, and government-issued identification numbers such as Social Security number, passport number, and driver's license or permit numbers;
• Contact information, including phone number, email, and postal address;
• Education and professional training information, including degrees, certifications, academic records, qualifications, skills, and achievements;
• Employment information, including previous employers, roles, and employee record information;
• Financial information, including income, salary, billing rate, payments, and benefits;
• Additional information or supporting documentation you provide in connection with the Services, including your communications with EmployeePast
Personal information may also be collected by Customers and transferred to EmployeePast for the purpose of conducting the Services. For example, Consumers may be offered Services by Customers directly where personal information is collected and stored by the Customer pursuant to their own policies and then transferred to EmployeePast to facilitate Services. EmployeePast may also receive personal information about Consumers from third parties as described in Third Party Information below.
Automatically Collected Information: When Consumers visit the Site or use the Services, we automatically gather certain technical and usage information, which may be associated with your account or profile. Automatically.
Customer Information: Certain information collected by EmployeePast relates to the Customer and their use of the Services. This includes account information necessary to perform requested Services and analytics from using the Site or Services as described below:
Account Information: When Customers create accounts and request Services from EmployeePast, the collection of certain information is necessary to facilitate those Services:
• Contact information, including business name, address, and phone number;
• Incorporation and business licensing information, including Employer Identification Number;
• Customer evaluation criteria and standards, including job titles and duties, expected salaries, work, and access locations, and certain evaluation standards prior to and subsequent to engagement;
• Account and user credential information, including name, email, roles, and associated permissions;
• Status and instructions for requested Services, including deactivation of Consumer or user credentials;
• Payment information, including credit card and/or bank account information and billing address. Please note, that we do not store the credit card or bank account numbers you may use to make payments in the Services.
Account information and user credentials may also be collected by third parties and affiliates of EmployeePast. For example, EmployeePast Services may be offered on third-party marketplace platforms.
Automatically Collected Information: When Customers visit the Site or use the Services, we automatically gather certain technical and usage information, which may be associated with your account.
Third-Party Information: Certain services require the collection of information from third parties. Third-party information may relate to either Consumers or Customers and includes both public and private records as described below:
• Public Records: EmployeePast may collect public records bearing on an individual or business entity, including civil and criminal court records and documentation, business filings, and public media articles.
• Private Records: Where appropriately authorized, EmployeePast may obtain private records, including educational, employment, financial, and health records.
Automatically Collected Information: When Consumers, Customers, or Site Visitors visit the Site or use the Services, we automatically gather certain technical and usage information, which may be associated with your user account. This technical and usage information (“Technical Information”) may include information on when, how often, and for how long you use the Services; and server log data such as:
• IP address;
• Browser type;
• Device type;
• Operating system and version or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Services;
Technical Information also includes “Cookies,” which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser when you visit a website.
3. How does EmployeePast use the collected information?
EmployeePast uses collected information as described below:
• To Perform Services and Provide the Site: EmployeePast uses collected information to perform Services for Consumers and Customers and provide the Site to all users. EmployeePast may transfer certain collected information to third-party partners and affiliates who perform services on behalf of EmployeePast. For more information on the transfer of information see when do EmployeePast shares collected information. below.
• To Communicate with users: EmployeePast uses collected information to communicate with users about the Services, including by phone, mail, email, live in-browser chat, or SMS regarding the status of certain requested Services, to provide updates on changes or modifications to the Services, and to facilitate the delivery of information authorized or required through the Services. Where appropriate, EmployeePast may send users product announcements and special promotions from EmployeePast or our business partners, or administer participation in special events, surveys, contests, and sweepstakes.
• To Administer user Account: EmployeePast uses collected information to administer account settings, process billing and payment information, manage preferences and troubleshoot problems, and personalize the content that account Consumers and Customer users see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
• To Meet Legal and Compliance Requirements: EmployeePast may use the collected information to i)comply with any applicable procedures, laws, and regulations, subpoenas, governmental requests, or legal process; ii) in connection with a legal investigation if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; iii) protect the rights, property or safety of EmployeePast, our Consumers, our Customers, or third parties; (iv) prevent fraud or abuse of EmployeePast or our users; or (v) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
• To Provide Security: EmployeePast uses collected information to create Consumer and Customer account credentials, to verify identity prior to granting access to account information, to validate against existing information maintained by EmployeePast, to protect against duplicate or unauthorized account creation, to secure the Site and Services, and to address fraud, abuse or safety concerns of EmployeePast, our Customers or Consumers, including investigation of complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing.
• To Improve our Systems: EmployeePast uses collected information to continuously improve system functionality through quality assurance checks and audits and to troubleshoot problems.
• Internal records for correspondence.
4. Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
We will retain personal data only for as long as necessary. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. If users (Custome\Consumers) have an association with us, we will only keep the data while the user association is active or for as long as needed to provide services to users and, as further needed for us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. When the personal data that has been collected is no longer required, shall destroy or EmployeePast shall delete it in a secure manner in accordance with our information security policies and/or as per the official contract made with the other party.
5. How secure is the information collected?
EmployeePast is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In case you follow a link to any of the sites which may be arising out of EmployeePast’s website, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
6. What happens if data is not provided by users?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with users and users fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with users. In this case, we may have to cancel the service with the user.
7. How can you access, change, or delete information about yourself?
For Consumers: Consumers may access and control the contents and use of their information as described below:
• Accessing your Information: Consumers\Customers may access and review their account by visiting EmployeePast and using their personal information to log in.
• Disputing Incorrect Information: If at any time you believe EmployeePast possesses or has communicated incorrect information about you to Consumers\Customers, you should contact EmployeePast. You can contact EmployeePast through mentioned email id.
• Submitting Supplemental Information: In certain instances, Consumers may be requested or given the opportunity to share additional information or context to collected information. This information is included in the Consumer’s file and will only be shared with Customers and third parties (such as employers) where directed by the Consumer.
For Customers: Customers may access and control the contents and use of their information as described below:
• Account information: Requests to update Customer account information should be directed to your account representative or emailed to email@example.com
8. Contact us
C-127, 2nd floor, Phase 8,
Industrial Area, Sector 72,
Users may alternatively visit our website– https://employeepast.com/.